“I’m on a quest to provide opportunities to hold truth and harmony at the same time so that walls of resentment, disillusion and limiting beliefs are broken down”~ Jennifer Carey
July 1st is my birthday.
Thankfully, I’ve always loved my birthday. I think one of the reasons that I love it so much is that it’s a day where it is okay to focus on me. And that feels really good! You see, my default has always been to think of others first. To always consider others first. In the past 5 years of my life, my body has signaled to me that I have to shift some energy on myself first for my health. I’m learning there are so many benefits to taking care of yourself first, including pouring from a full pitcher, coming from a place of being helpful versus a place of ego (just wanting to please, save, fear of hurting, etc. are just a few of my egoic tendencies).
There are many reflections I’m having on this particular year of my life. Between the global pandemic, the social injustices coming to light, and my own personal journey this year, I feel like I’ve learned tons. For my birthday, I want to share those lessons with you in hopes that they will inspire you as well. For my birthday, in true Jen Carey fashion, I would also like to share a helpful gift: a downloadable guided meditation entitled “shortcut to calm”.
We are in a time where we are busier than ever. I don’t know about you, but the pandemic only slowed things down for a couple of weeks for me, then everything sped up, even faster; especially internally. This simple shortcut to calm mindfulness practice can be used to help you breathe, re-set, and re-focus anywhere, anytime! It’s less than 5 minutes so you can do it at home, during a work break, anytime!! I would love to know how you use it and how it works for you so please respond and let me know.
Last but not least, my reflections of this past birth year:
· Self-care and thinking of yourself first is not equal to being selfish
· I’m not perfect, and that’s okay
· I can’t fix everything and everyone and that’s okay
· I can’t be everything to everyone and that’s okay (one of the hardest for me!!!)
· Being a fur mom has healed my grieving heart
· Receiving still isn’t as easy as giving for me but it’s getting easier
· My self-doubt is decreasing and I’m feeling more courage, clarity and confidence than ever
· Making time to create is helping me step into my power
· I can actually love my husband even more everyday
· I’m ready to begin my legacy projects
· I’m on a quest to find a work/life balance (slowing down is vital yet so hard for me)
· I’m on a quest to provide opportunities for myself and others to hold truth and harmony at the same time so that walls of resentment, disillusion and limiting beliefs are broken down
If there is one that spoke out to you, please respond and share which one. I’d love to bond and connect over these connections. And remember to download the shortcut to calm meditation and let me know how it goes.
With love and gratitude to you on my birthday!